2. Who we are and how to contact us
Rail Infrastructure Networking Limited, TA Rolling Stock Networking
59-61 Charlotte Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B3 1PXAO
Telephone: +44 (0)7527 811700 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer.
3. Your rights
Under the Data Protection Laws your rights are:
3.1 To be informed– We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
3.2 Access– You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
3.3 Rectification– We are obliged to correct or update your details.
3.4 Erasure– This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
3.5 Restrict processing– You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
3.6 Data portability– You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
3.7 Object– You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
3.8 Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling– We do not use automatic decision making or processing
4. The information we collect about you
- We collect and process Personal Data. Typically the Personal Data we collect and process will include name, address and email address but we may collect and/or process other Personal Data from time to time. It also may include IP address and cookies of your visit to websites.
We will collect information from you, your agents or representatives, as well as information received from:
- Visitor and Exhibitor correspondence;
- Contact with any of the event organisers and their other businesses
- generally available sources such as information about you in the public domain (for example information on directors held at Companies House), online and from third party data processors (provided that it is fair to do so); and
- Linked in or other social media contacts.
This will include data that you input into our webpages, whether this is in relation to raising an enquiry with us, or requesting documentation.
The information obtained could include; your name, contact details (including address and e-mail address, telephone number), date of birth, gender.
We will process Personal Data for and only to the extent necessary for the specific purpose(s) outlined in this document.
- We only collect data from you directly or via third parties (see Third Parties below).
5. How we use your data
- We use information held about you to:
- provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interest); via our own channels or those of the event media partner.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our services
- We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
7. Where your data is held
- Any digital data that we hold will be stored on a server behind a firewall protected at two levels by Avast anti virus protection and in tables held in the web site back office protected by the web site host
8. Legitimate interest
- We only send information of genuine interest to rail professionals about the show and or its exhibitors.
9. Data retention
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.
10. Data erasure
Under Data Protection Laws you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
11. Data correction
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
12. Data inspection
- We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws.
13. Policy Review
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.