Bill Smith is an International Trade Adviser specialising in Advanced Manufacturing & Rail who supports the Midlands Engine which is part of the Department of International Trade. Bill will be at the RSN 2023 show on 6th July in Derby and would like to discuss your experience of exporting and how you would like to start or increase exporting.
Bill will be in the Meet the Buyer Section and appointments can be sought through the Meet the Buyer application process which will be announced shortly before the show date.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. We also help overseas companies locate and grow in the UK. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about-our-services
The Midlands Engine is a coalition of Councils, Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP), Universities and businesses across the region, actively working with Government to build a collective identity, to enable us to present the Midlands as a competitive and compelling offer that is attractive at home and overseas. https://www.midlandsengine.org/
Bill is able to connect you with the appropriate services and information that is available through DIT. Bill can also help you to develop an Export Plan and is able to mentor you through the process as he has many years of exporting experience in Rail and other highly regulated industries.
Examples of the support available are:
- read guidance for new, occasional and frequent exporters
- find out about services offered by GREAT partners
- use the selling online overseas tool to find the best marketplaces to showcase your products online – you can take advantage of special deals negotiated by the government for UK businesses and find out more about the government’s e-exporting programme
- apply for overseas export opportunities for your products or services
- create a business profile, which will allow you to promote your products and services to international buyers
You can also:
- search for events, trade fairs, missions and webinars relevant to your sector or overseas markets
- see upcoming DIT international ministerial visits
- apply for a trade show access grant to attend an overseas event
- read our country export guides to selling overseas
- contact a trade adviser in your area
DIT can also help with getting local market help to sell overseas
DIT has trade specialists who can help you commission services from local experts overseas.
- country and sector advice
- local market research
- support during overseas visits
- identification of possible business partners
- preparation for exhibitions and events